2018 is just around the Corner...Start your New Year with THAGS
1. THAGS Monthly Meeting, Monday, January 8, 2018: Please join us at our first meeting of the new year.
Speaker: Fran Ellsworth, from Montgomery County Genealogical and Historical Society
Program Title: Newspaper Research…tips and finds!
Location: 307 Charles Street, Humble, Texas 77338 [American Legion Post #132 Building]
Please NOTE: We are NOT at our usual Humble Senior Center location due to FEMA.
Building will be open at 6:30 PM. Program begins at 7:00 PM, followed by business meeting. Membership Directories will be available for pickup for those members who were unable to attend the Holiday Social. Afterward the meeting, those interested socialize at the Humble Denny’s.
2. THAGS Clayton Library Bus Trip: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Join us for a great day of researching at Clayton Library. Please contact Pam Walton at 281-358-6449 if you are interested in going. For those who are 50 years or older, the cost is only $1 to ride the bus. Those going should be at the Steinmart Parking Lot on Kingwood Drive at 9:15 AM. The bus returns at 4:15 PM. You do not have to be a member of our society to participate. A class titled: "Analyzing Your Research using Logic, Time Lines, and Mind Maps" will be taught by Karen Rasmussen while at the library. Karen Acker is also available to help you use the resources available at Clayton.
3. THAGS Communications: Are you staying informed about The Humble Area Genealogical Society? Members should be receiving emails about once a week. If you are a gmail user, look for these emails in your “promotions tab.” This same information appears in the “blog” section of our website at www.humblegen.org so you can always read it there. Members who have joined The Humble Area Genealogical Society – THAGS facebook page are welcome to post information of interest to the group as well. If you “do” facebook, be sure to join our group. You can also email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to feel informed. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information.
4. THAGS Funding Opportunities. You will be receiving an email with an attachment detailing how you can help fund THAGS simply by designating them as your charitable organization on purchases made at AmazonSmile, Krogers, and Randalls. Please continue to support us by taking a few minutes to make these changes on your accounts.
5. THAGS Travel Survey. You will be receiving an email with an attached survey about future research trips hosted by THAGS. Take a minute to give us your feedback.
6. THAGS Newsletter Articles are needed for our next edition. Please submit your articles to Devon Lee at email@example.com as soon as possible.
7. THAGS Board Happenings:
--.Next Board Meeting, Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 1:00 PM, Karen Acker's house, All invited.
--The THAGS Brochure has been updated.You will receive a digital copy via email.Feel free to send it to any friends who might be interested in joining our society.
--The THAGS Obituary Index is being submitted for inclusion in the FamilySearch online collection.This index is also available on our website.
8. Learning Opportunity. Family History Fanatics is presenting an eConference Finding Family Stories and Passing Them On. January 19th at 8:45am Central Time. Speakers will be Randy Seaver, Eric Wells, Victoria Woo and Tammy Hepps. Participants will learn about how to find, preserve, and share their family stories. Five hours of interactive instruction for the early bird price is $19.99 through January 10th and $24.99 thereafter. More details and registration can be found at: https://www.familyhistoryfanatics.com/jan2018. Feel free to let any of your friends or family know about this eConference.
9. Upcoming THAGS Elections: Each year half of the THAGS Board completes their term of service and new officers are often needed to fill their place. During March of each year, a nominating committee firms up who is willing to fill these positions. In April, we vote on the nominations. In May, the new officers are installed. Can you help? Are you willing to serve on the nomination committee? Or are you willing to serve on the THAGS board? If so, please contact, Karen Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-706-4161 as soon as possible.